Alison is now 1.5 years old! She has grown so much in the past 6 months! We last measured her height when she turned 1 year old.
- Car rides & staring out the window
- Going to the park – especially playing on the swing
- Being helpful – like helping daddy assemble her new toddler bed
We made some changes to her room. It’s now more like a kids room than a nursery.
- Dancing – she swings her arms up and down and wiggles her hips
- More independence – she wants to do things herself (i.e. holding a spoon during dinner, wiping her mouth with a napkin)
- Playing pretend – making pie, having a tea and cake party
- Asks for us to sing songs to her (“happy”, “spider”, “star”, “row row”)
- Likes watching us draw stars, hearst, bumble bees, and happy faces
- Able to recognize many body parts, letters, and numbers
- Able to pronounce many words (bumble bee, uncle, auntie, please “peez”, star “dar”, I know, yellow “yew wow”, poo poo, happy, shoe, teacher)
DIFFICULTIES we are facing
- Temper tantrums – when she doesn’t get her way
- Little miss bossy pants – tells us when there is a mess on the floor. Just points to it and says “oh no” and wants us to clean up.
- Holding bunny in her arms while wearing pajamas
- Her love-at-first-sight attachment with doggie at IKEA
- Calling out “ma ma” from across the room just to get my attention
- Splashing water around during bath time
- Hugs and kisses