Alison is 2 years old! We celebrated her birthday at home with family, balloons, and Hello Kitty ice cream cake.
With all the birthday celebrations we have attended this summer, Alison has grown quite fond of the Happy Birthday song, and loved it when we sang it on her birthday.
She likes to sing songs – she sings all the time at home. During car rides, she likes to sing at the top of her lungs.
- Happy Birthday
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Humpty Dumpty
- Baby Bumble Bee
- What Do You See
Alison’s language skills have improved dramatically over the last 3 months. She is now speaking sentences.
- “Mommy’s heavy”
- “Oh my gosh”
- “Go get it”
- “Tickle water”
- “ABCD Applebee!”
- “My belly button inside owl”
- “Daddy bao bao oatmeal”
- diapers – she pretends to change her 2D giraffe toy’s diaper
- legos and blocks
- doggie stuffed animals – she loves to play pretend with them
- crayons and markers – coloring is the first thing she wants to do in the morning
- knows all the names of her friends in class – the teachers noticed this when during singalongs in class, Alison stands up and interrupts the song by pointing at and naming each of her classmate
- loves being a troll and bossing us around
- can throw a ball
- can count to twelve… frequently skips 6 and 8
- has trouble pronouncing “flag” and “fork” – it sounds more like another four-letter word that begins in “f” and ends in “k”. Of course she is not aware of this, and will shout “flag” loudly in the car or in public whenever she sees one.